A New Energy Society will require technology such as the Smart Grid to balance energy supply and demand. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) will thus play an increasingly vital role in establishing an information and telecommunications infrastructure for the proper collection and control of data pertaining to energy components. It will also play a pivotal role in data processing technology that will enable the effective use of this information.
In addition to such ICT, NEC will continue providing new services through the development of energy component technology such as energy storage systems and EV fast chargers for Electric Vehicles (EV).
NEC is the first company in the world to announce C&C, the integration of computers and communications. NEC has been providing highly reliable ICT solutions for numerous companies and other organizations.
For power companies and others involved in the supply side of energy, NEC has long offered an IT network that supports power grids.
This history of excellence enables NEC to provide systems that link the supply and demand sides of energy. We support information and energy network control, from energy management in industrial and commercial facilities, office buildings and housing, to charging infrastructures such as EV fast chargers for electric vehicles.
We also use the Cloud to offer technology such as data warehousing systems that accurately process and store large volumes of data in high performance storage, then extract and analyze that data to suit the business operator's needs.
Energy Component Technology
NEC is developing high-quality energy components such as lithium-ion batteries and EV fast chargers for electric vehicles. It also has the technologies associated with these components.
NEC's lithium-ion batteries are highly regarded for their reliability, durability and safety. They are used in the latest electric vehicles of Japan's major automobile manufacturers.
As renewable sources of energy such as photovoltaic power (PV) generation continue to increase dramatically, storage systems are expected to spread throughout society. At NEC, we are leveraging lithium-ion battery technology to develop residential energy storage systems. We are also developing storage systems for commercial facilities and large-scale storage systems for public utilities.
What is "New Energy Society"?
As the world's population and economies continue to grow, energy demand and CO₂ emissions continue to increase. This has been placing a significant burden on our global environment.
Replacing conventional fossil fuels with renewable sources of energy such as solar and wind power is viewed as one promising solution to this challenge.
In addition, storage technology, which temporarily stores surplus energy, and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) which maintains a balance between energy supply and demand, are also expected to play an increasingly vital role in the effective utilization of diversified energy sources.
In this New Energy Society, people will be able to live comfortably and without worries about energy supply stability, even when their energy comes from a diverse range of sources. To realize this society, NEC will continue pursuing a variety of initiatives.
- Aug 12 2016Fri, 12 Aug 2016 00:00:00 +0530NEC India to deploy facial recognition systems in India’s state of Andhra Pradesh for large-scale religious festival
- Jun 22 2016Wed, 22 Jun 2016 00:00:00 +0530NEC India Announces New Managing Director
- Jul 28 2015Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC and the government of Andhra Pradesh to collaborate on safe city development in Tirupati, India
- Jul 19 2015Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC completes deployment of Face Recognition System for Surat safe city project
- Jul 1 2015Wed, 01 Jul 2015 10:00:00 +0530 NEC changes its corporate brand message to "Orchestrating a brighter world"
- Jun 11 2015Thu, 11 Jun 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC India and Keonics sign MOU for Safe and Smart City and Cybersecurity collaboration in Karnataka and pan-India
- Feb 24 2015Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC provides Face Recognition Technology to Surat City Police
- Jan 22 2015Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC Launches UNIVERGE® SV9000 Series Communications Servers
- Nov 20 2014Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:00:00 +0530NEC India Deploys Leading Face Recognition Solution at Lemon Tree Hotels for Advanced Security
- Sep 17 2014Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:00:00 +0530NEC India introduces NeoFace® Reveal public safety solution in India