What is “Telecom EMS”?
In many emerging countries, grid supply by power companies is either insufficient or unavailable, and diesel generators are being used as the primary power source. Power generation using diesel generators presents two major issues, namely high fuel cost and CO₂ emissions. Based on the above, power supply using renewable energy such as solar power is expected to become the next alternative to diesel.
Our solution: Telecom Energy Management System (hereafter, TEMS) for mobile telecom towers
In emerging countries, where mobile networks are the pivotal infrastructure for communications in off-grid regions not served by a grid and poor-grid regions suffering frequent blackouts, telecom towers providing mobile telecom services by obtaining their power supply from diesel generators.
In India, CO₂ emissions from telecom towers and subsidies for diesel fuel have become serious problems. Hence, reducing diesel generation for telecom towers through the introduction of alternatives such as solar power generation is urgently needed.
NEC is about to deploy TEMS using lithium ion batteries in India and expects to deploy TEMS to other countries as well.
NEC has been providing “Energy Management Systems" (hereafter, EMS) enabling efficient management of mixed power such as grid and solar, including but not limited to lithium ion batteries offering high-speed charging and longer battery life, and prediction of solar power generation and energy consumption by NEC’s state-of-the-art data analytics.
An EMS system consists of EMS servers located in data centers and a remote EMS controller at each site.
- Aug 12 2016Fri, 12 Aug 2016 00:00:00 +0530NEC India to deploy facial recognition systems in India’s state of Andhra Pradesh for large-scale religious festival
- Jun 22 2016Wed, 22 Jun 2016 00:00:00 +0530NEC India Announces New Managing Director
- Jul 28 2015Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC and the government of Andhra Pradesh to collaborate on safe city development in Tirupati, India
- Jul 19 2015Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC completes deployment of Face Recognition System for Surat safe city project
- Jul 1 2015Wed, 01 Jul 2015 10:00:00 +0530 NEC changes its corporate brand message to "Orchestrating a brighter world"
- Jun 11 2015Thu, 11 Jun 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC India and Keonics sign MOU for Safe and Smart City and Cybersecurity collaboration in Karnataka and pan-India
- Feb 24 2015Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC provides Face Recognition Technology to Surat City Police
- Jan 22 2015Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC Launches UNIVERGE® SV9000 Series Communications Servers
- Nov 20 2014Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:00:00 +0530NEC India Deploys Leading Face Recognition Solution at Lemon Tree Hotels for Advanced Security
- Sep 17 2014Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:00:00 +0530NEC India introduces NeoFace® Reveal public safety solution in India