What is a Smart House?
A Smart House is a home that uses ICT to control energy supply and demand. This creates a more pleasant living environment and enables residents to save energy and lower electricity bill payments.
Visually representing household energy consumption enables the residents themselves to save energy more effectively. It also facilitates effective energy use through energy storage.
Next-generation housing that balances both environmental and economic considerations for smarter, more comfortable living – that's what the Smart House is all about.
Supporting the Smart House: HEMS and Residential Energy Storage Systems
Home Energy Management System (HEMS*) and residential energy storage systems play vital roles in a Smart House. By visually representing power consumption and CO₂ emissions data for every room, houses equipped with HEMS can help households limit energy consumption while providing a comfortable living environment.
Furthermore, combining solar power generation with a residential energy storage system supports efficient energy usage by effectively using solar energy that is generated or stored and balancing supply and demand to and from the grid network.
- *Home Energy Management System (HEMS*)
This system automatically collects precise real-time data on power usage by room and presents it visually. This naturally heightens user awareness of energy saving and helps realize a reasonable, comfortable, eco-friendly lifestyle.
NEC is working to develop HEMS and residential energy storage systems.
Going forward, we will enrich various existing services through collaboration with different industries as well as the automated operation of various home appliances.
- Aug 12 2016Fri, 12 Aug 2016 00:00:00 +0530NEC India to deploy facial recognition systems in India’s state of Andhra Pradesh for large-scale religious festival
- Jun 22 2016Wed, 22 Jun 2016 00:00:00 +0530NEC India Announces New Managing Director
- Jul 28 2015Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC and the government of Andhra Pradesh to collaborate on safe city development in Tirupati, India
- Jul 19 2015Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC completes deployment of Face Recognition System for Surat safe city project
- Jul 1 2015Wed, 01 Jul 2015 10:00:00 +0530 NEC changes its corporate brand message to "Orchestrating a brighter world"
- Jun 11 2015Thu, 11 Jun 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC India and Keonics sign MOU for Safe and Smart City and Cybersecurity collaboration in Karnataka and pan-India
- Feb 24 2015Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC provides Face Recognition Technology to Surat City Police
- Jan 22 2015Thu, 22 Jan 2015 10:00:00 +0530NEC Launches UNIVERGE® SV9000 Series Communications Servers
- Nov 20 2014Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:00:00 +0530NEC India Deploys Leading Face Recognition Solution at Lemon Tree Hotels for Advanced Security
- Sep 17 2014Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:00:00 +0530NEC India introduces NeoFace® Reveal public safety solution in India