NEC has developed the PASOLINK NEOi/c, a narrow band point-to-point digital microwave relay system operating at radio frequency (RF) bands of 7/8/13/15/18/23/26/38 GHz. This system meets an increasing demand for digital transmission services, satisfies the needs for common carrier access links, private links, urban area networks, rural area networks, temporary networks or emergency links for voice and data transmissions. Especially this system is very useful for mobile system backbone network.
This field proven PASOLINK offers very high performance, large flexibility, easy installation and high reliability, contributing to CAPEX and OPEX cost reduction. The PASOLINK NEOi/c system powerful interfaces for PDH and LAN covers from 5 to 16 x E1, 2 x 10/100 Base-T(X) signals.
As other equipment in PASOLINK series, this equipment consists of antennas, outdoor unit (ODU) and indoor unit (IDU). They are connected through a coaxial cable for each radio channel. Available configurations are non-protected type (1+0) and protected type (1+1). The protected type is available for twin-path type, hot-standby type. Furthermore for long distance transmission, space diversity system is available. Additionally NEO/c equipment has the capability for changing modulation (QPSK / 16QAM) and capacity (5 to 16 x E1) by software setting without any hardware replacement.
- 10/100 BASE-T(X) Interface (1+1/1+0 Expandable) In addition to the current E1 interfaces, two 10/100 BASE-T(X) interface ports are provided. They enable flexible allocation of bandwidth between E1 and 10 BASE-T traffic. Each of the 10/100 BASE-T(X) channels can be assigned to any of the following data rates: 10 to 40 Mbps, and the remaining capacity can be allotted to E1 usage.
- Automatic Transmitter Power Control (ATPC) ATPC reduces interference affecting nearby systems, improves residual BER performance, and alleviates fade problems
- Hitless Switch (1+1) Can be used to provide an antenna space diversity system.
- Transversal Equalizer helps to compensate for selective fading.
- eived Signal Level (RSL) Monitoring Continuous monitoring mode is available through the Local Craft Terminal.
- Powerful Forward Error Correction (FEC) Reed-Solomon FEC realizes excellent transmission characteristics
- Good maintainability with advanced PNMSj (PASOLINK Network Management System Java version)
7, 8, 13, 15, 18, 23, 26, 38 GHz